- A 2-quart saucepan, large bowl, & 13x9-inch pan
- Solid stirring spoon (rubber ones are great!)
- ¼ cup of butter (salted or unsalted - it’s up to you!)
- 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups of rice crisps cereal
For this treat, time is of the essence! It’s very easy to make, but you’ll want to be sure you do things just a little quicker than usual so the marshmallow mixtures won’t harden until the end.
- First, get your saucepan and melt the ¼ cup of butter and 10 oz. package of marshmallows together over low heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture is nice and smooth.
Tip: Any size marshmallow will work, but the smaller the marshmallows are, the easier they will melt! The bigger ones will just need a little extra stirring.
- Second,remove the marshmallow mix from the heat, and mix in 1 tsp of vanilla extract until it's all the same color.
- Third, get the large bowl and pour in 6 cups of the rice crisps cereal. Then, add the marshmallow mix into the large bowl and stir until it is nice and even.
*Tip: Things tend to get really sticky during this step, so watch out!
- Fourth, you’ll want to grease your 13x9-inch pan with butter so the mixture won’t get stuck. Then, scoop the mixture into the pan, and try to make it as even as you can. It may be a little difficult, and that’s OK! It will still be delicious, I promise.
*Tip: To really even out the mixture, place wax paper over your pan and press it down until it is nicely packed together.
- Fifth, once you have everything in your pan, place your mix into the fridge for 30 minutes, then cut into squares. Or, if you’re like me, enjoy one giant crispy rice rectangle!
*Tip: If you’d like, you can cut the squares while the mix is still warm, then put them in the fridge to cool. It will make recutting easier if they melt back together, or they’ll just be ready to go! Cutting the squares after the mix is cold is a lot harder.