Hi lovely Gameresses! Astaldien here with a delicious recipe for a sweet tasty treat for you and yours. After all, every Gameress needs some delicious snacks! This post is the first of many more sweet recipes to come, so stay tuned.
Before we dive into the lore of the recipe and the steps, I’ll go ahead and list the ingredients and utensils you’ll need to make these cookies happen:
- 2 Large bowls and forks (or spoons) for mixing
- Measuring glasses and spoons
- Baking pan(s) and baking sheets (such as parchment paper, etc)
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Your favorite songs for jamming while you work
- Preheat your oven. My oven is a bit tricky when it comes to temperature, so I set mine to 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead and baked for the full 11 minutes at the end. I also started jamming in this step to get the mood going! If you need tune inspiration, look no further than the Gameress PLAYlist here!
- Grab one bowl and mix 3.5 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp baking soda, and 1 tsp salt with a fork. I didn’t have a good mixing fork, so I used my trusty wooden spoon!
In another bowl, cream 2 sticks of butter and mix with 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup light brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
*Tip: If your butter isn’t room temperature and soft yet, just stick them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften them up!
- In the bowl with the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract, add the 2 large eggs, mixing after each egg is added.
After the eggs have been added and properly mixed, slowly begin to add the flour mix from the other bowl until it looks even.
* Tip: Make sure to add the flour in small increments, or otherwise, it might be harder to mix!
- When both bowls have been combined and fully mixed, add your 2 cups of chocolate chips. If you just want plain sugar cookies, you can skip this step. I’ll be honest with you, friends, these last steps made my arms so tired, I decided to clean up and mix the rest of the dough by hand. Might save you a sore arm!
- Gather your baking pan(s) and place the baking sheets on top. I highly recommend parchment paper because it is a great, grease-free way to ensure your cookies won’t stick!
- After making sure your hands are nice and clean, begin to make little balls of dough out of the mix, and line them up on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Stick the cookies in your oven and bake them 9-11 minutes until they are golden brown. Don’t forget to make these with lots of love!
Well that’s it!
Happy gaming – Gameress Affiliate Astaldien over n’ out
Let us know what questions or comments you have about making these delicious cookies!